Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 01:52:51 +0900
From:      Kwangyul Seo <skyul@plus.or.kr>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw/natd problem

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

Hello,

I'd like to use ipfw with natd.
When the firewall type is not "open",
how can I set my firewall to interact with natd?

In case of "open" firewall type,
due to "ipfw add pass from any to any", there's no problem.
but without this line, natd didn't work.

so I added 4 lines after I look into some logs from ipfw.

${fwcmd} add pass all from ${inet}:${imask} to any in via ${iif}
${fwcmd} add pass all from ${oip} to any out via ${oif}
${fwcmd} add pass all from any to ${inet}:${imask} out via ${iif}
${fwcmd} add pass all from any to ${inet}:${imask} in via ${oif}

Is this okay? It worked, but I wonder there lies any problem.

--
Kwangyul Seo <skyul@plus.or.kr>
My Gnupg key is available at http://skyul.plus.or.kr/skyul.gpg

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU