Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 1995 18:47:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Steve Marmer" <ids@noc.tor.hookup.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help with setup needed

I have spent a fair bit of time partitioning and repartitioning my 2G scsi
drive to house both dos and FreeBSD (2.0).  So far I haven't been able
to keep both happy.  I am using an adaptec 1542CF controller and booting
FreeBSD of a 240 meg IDE drive.  If i turn off geometry remapping on the
scsi card frebsd is happy but dos is not, and vice versa.  I've read
all I could get my hands on but havent been able to figure this out.  I
really dont want to keep switching the geometry remapping parameter on
the scsi card as well as the geometry written on the drive every time I boot.
Any suggestions?

Q2:  Any way to recover files after a 'newfs'?  (my money is on the NO response)

btw, great product, much thanks.  Sure have come a long way since 386BSD 0.0