Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:33:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        jl@noether.uoregon.edu (Joshua Lackey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for a good/supported trackball.

I have a Logitech Vista at home, which is just wonderful and was under $50.
One button is at your thumb, the ball is on your fore finger and the other
two to the right. Your hand sits down right on it with no sharp edges in
the way.

At work at I have the Kensington Expert Mouse. I hate it. It's square and
so doesn't fit in your hand at all. And for freebsd, it acts like a 2
button mouse.  In NT, I don't have the driver installed because the machine
is a laptop and the trackpoint doesn't work without going into the bios
and exiting. So it's a 2 button on NT to. Plus the cable is weird and
likes to come loose.

Look to Logitech, much nicer.

In a previous message, Joshua Lackey said:
> Greetings,
>
> I would really appreciate it if people could email me with their trackball
> preferences.  I'm going to get one soon but I'd like to hear some
> complaints/praises before I go out and drop $100.  I'm looking at the
> Kensington trackball, it has everything that I want, but it also has 4
> buttons and I'm not sure how supported that's going to be.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joshua Lackey.
>
> --
> jl@noether.uoregon.edu

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF TWO ADULTS EATING DINNER AT A RESTAURANT ARE IN  LOVE?

"See if the man has lipstick on his face."      --Sandra, age 7