Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:00:04 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw security patch problem..

Hi,

I upgraded my ipfw yesterday on my 4.0-STABLE system with the patch by
following the instructions to the letter for the security bug discovered
by Aragon Gouveia, and compile and install appeared to go seamlessly.

However, ipfw now gives me this type of problem:

[root@athena]~# ipfw add 5000 deny tcp from any to 196.30.167.200 515 via rl0
05000 deny tcp from any to 196.30.167.200 515 via rl0
ip_fw_ctl: empty interface name
ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
[root@athena]~#

The interface is most definitely rl0, and this exact ruleset is the same I
have been using for ages with my previous ipfw. Suggestions?

--
Justin Stanford
082 7402741