Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 96 07:24:26 +1100
From:      Ian Wynne <ianw@ee.usyd.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org

Hello People:

I'm setting up an Internet Provider Service using FreeBSD 2.1.

I don't know how to get the user information for billing purposes,
ie login and logout times and duration spent on the system.

I've looked through the manual entries for profile and also I've done
"apropos user", but I haven't been able to find anything relevant.

Is there any way that FreeBSD 2.1 can provide this sort of information?
Or is it necessary for me to write a daemon to monitor login and logout
times?

Also, is it possible to implement some sort of inactivety time out, which
logs people out if they haven't performed any action for a given number
of minutes?

Best regards,

Ian Wynne       ianw@ee.usyd.edu.au