Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:11:53 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        "David Schultz" <vvortex1@home.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sound Support

Hi, try upgrading to 4.2-release or 4.2-stable.  The guys working on
sound are doing a good job and it is improving very quickly.  It is
still pretty new though.  So to get the best sound, you'll have to have
the newest version of the driver which will require the newest version
of everything else.  It is possible teh newest kld's would work with
4.1, but I don't think so.  Somebody else would have to comment on that.
The SB Live had particularly experimental sound support in FreeBSD so
this all applies especially to that card.

						Tim