Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:08:25 -0600
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        sam <samflanker@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [trouble] restart network  & vlan`s interface

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 08:00:58PM +0300, sam wrote:
> Brooks Davis wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:41:22AM +0300, sam wrote:
>>  =20
>>>=20
>>> please help me for writing  /etc/rc.conf with  vlan`s  interfaces=20
>>> (without problem network sub-system restart)
>>>    =20
>>=20
>> We don't really support running /etc/rc.d/netif restart without an=20
>> interface
>> argument at this time.  We should probably catch that case and report an
>> error until someone finds time to fix it.
>>=20
>> -- Brooks
>>  =20
> i have this trouble with command:
>=20
> # /etc/netstart restart=20

/etc/netstart just ignores it's arguments.  It's really intended for
those times when you want to bring networking up from singleuser
mode, not what you chance configurations.  We do not currently have a
one-size-fits-all mechanism for handling network configuration changes.

-- Brooks

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--