Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 1995 08:20:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Simon Marlow <simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling Linux Binaries under FreeBSD

: Ok, so now that we have Linux emulation, what is that chance of my
: being able to set up a Linux compilation environment under FreeBSD?

Are you asking if you can build a compiler that runs native on freebsd
that will produce linux binaries (in which case it is a simple matter
of configure options).

If you are asking for running gcc from linux on freebsd to produce
linux binaries, then it should work via the same mapping mechanisms
that make shared libraries work.

Warner