Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:48:12 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   advice on network plan

I'm reconfiguring a network I inherited and I'm looking for advice on the
best way to get it done.

We are connected to a single T1, that's fire walled through a bsd box.
behind that, aside from a local area network, we have a wireless network
that provides connections to several small companies we provide service and
an internet connection to.

There are a couple of boxes on the wireless network that currently have
public ip's which I am working on statically nat'ing to private addresses so
I can physically separate the public and private networks, firewalling
everything behind the bsd box connected to the t1.

To make things a little more interesting, some of our clients want to be
able to reach their desktop using pcanywhere, which I'm currently planning
on doing via static nat public ip to local network customer gateway and
mpd-netgraph for M$ PPTP connection to the customer's internal network.

here's a picture of what I'm thinking of:

T1----fbsd#1_gw_nat_ipfw----10.x.x.x------+-----local network

                                      10.20.x.x

       10.30.x.x--fbsd-gw_ipfw--wireless ethernet--fbsd_gw_ipfw

        customer network					customer network

Your suggestions and criticisms are appreciated.

Peter Brezny
purplecat.net