Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 01:55:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <beef@cybertouch.org>
To:        "Rick C. Petty" <rick@kris.wpi.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing (can't get it right)

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Rick C. Petty wrote:

> >     I am wondering if anyone else here  besides Mr. Lehey (hi Greg) has
> > been able to get a printer such as a Canon BJC-4100 to print, legibly. I
> > have tried with ghostscript (can't figure that either), with postscript
> > (ditto) and have now pulled about 320 hairs out of my head.
>
> Well I wasn't getting anything to work when I first tried setting up printers
> but I learned how to get it to work on my system.  What version of FreeBSD
> are you using?

  Hello Rick,

  What version of ghostscript do you have installed?
2.2.6
  What
> device type did you specify to ghostscript?
I could not figure out how to use ghostscript but i believe its 5.10
 What problems were you having?
> Meaning "I got something to print out but it was garbage" or "lpq was saying
> there was no printer daemon present".
my printer
         prints a few words
                            and the lines come out
                                                  like this all
                                                               the time

and then off the page :-(

> I'm no expert but I'll offer what help I can,

 I do appreciate your help Rick,
Thank you,

Lanny Baron