Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:02:37 +0100
From:      Mark Blackman <mark@exonetric.com>
To:        Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
Cc:        arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ARMv6 / ARMv7 support

On 4 May 2011, at 14:22, Rafal Jaworowski wrote:

>=20
> Hi Damjan,
> Sorry for a slow response, but I was very busy and Greg was on =
vacation.
>=20
> [Adding arm@ ML to CC..]
>=20
> What we currently have in terms of common arch layer is a pretty =
complete and cleaned up support for ARMv6/v7, which is supposed to be in =
a quite good condition and quality (there are possible bugs here or =
there as our testing environment and approach was somewhat limited due =
to the hardware config and booting scenarios), but it's considered =
almost complete as far as functionality goes:
>=20
> - separate pmap file for v6/v7 machines (new ARMv6 page descriptors =
support, removed unnecessary cache sync, operations,  removed tracking =
multiple mappings / virtual aliasing tracking etc.)
> - busdma(9) based on Mark Tinguely's patches
> - ARMv7 processor identification/cache identification schema (for the =
purpose of mach specific call dipatcher and output during bootstrap)
> - tested and used with two SOC systems based on Sheeva 88SV58x CPU =
core: Marvell Armada 500 (88F6781) and Frey (88F9580), which are =
ARMv6/v7 compliant
> - there's more coming as we have work under way for up to quad-core =
SMP systems support for FreeBSD/arm
>=20
> I will try to create a project in FreeBSD SVN repo to import the =
changes for people's review and/or adaptations for their OMAP platform =
code perhaps etc. The problem is I cannot promise any solid date as am =
pretty loaded with other work..

Presumably, this work would be the basis for porting to something like =
the Raspberry Pi?

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Cheers,
Mark=