Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:02:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        Rainer M Duffner <Rainer.Duffner@konstanz.netsurf.de>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
Subject:   Re: StarOffice & wordperfect

> I installed it only to 'see' it and know if and how it works.
> I don't see it as a 'killer-app', nor would I use/welcome the
> MS-Office-Suite, if there was a port to Linux/FreeBSD.

Well, I would both use and welcome a MS Office like program, for a couple
reasons. Unlike a lot of people, I use FreeBSD not as a hobby system, but a
work system. I need Word Processing, spread sheets, database  and would greeatly
welcome a program like Power Point.

Personally, if they were integrated and worked together, great. IMHO, lack of
everyday apps like these are holding FreeBSD back. StarOffice and Word Perfect,
(I use both) are a welcome addition to the Unix world and fill a very big hole
in needed apps.

William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>