Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:47:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   apache/httpd

a quick quesiton about apache/httpd...I have one machine that works
fine...type lynx localhost and I get my index file no prob, or I can use
the machine name and its setup to recognize the ~ for home dir's.

Now for a new machien I just made I type lynx localhost and it sends the
request etc, but then just hangs on waiting for response. Ive tried this
localy and from my other fbsd machine, both hang on waiting for response.

Ive looked at the conf files side by side in xterms and all is the same
and restarted the server a couple of times.

My first machine worked out of the box a  year ago and Ive sinced tweaked
it abit to learn more about httpd/apache stuff. But I figure if both
machines are the same they should both work.

Anything I can look at for this problem? I dont run anything I just like
to figure out how it all works.

Thanks,
Keith