Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:34:37 -0600
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jacks@sage-american.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   script help

Hello folks:

No doubt this will be easy for those with scritping abilities.

I have a gazillion files by the same name and each contains the same line
requiring the same change. But the problem is that they are in many
different directories on a server with numerous domains. While I could
handle the change using a single directory within my abilities, I'm unsure
how to do a search and replace throughout the many domains and their
directories. Don't want to mess up. Here's what I'm trying to do:

# find all of the same filenames (copyright.htm) and then replace the year
2010 with 2011 in each file. Once I have a working script, I should be able
to add it as a cron job to run on the first day of each new year.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Jack

(^_^)