Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 18:30:47 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Mark Powell <mark@plato.ucsalf.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux async vs. FreeBSD sync

The FFS careful synchronous does have performance penalties, but I think
we agree that the data integrity it provides is more important.

FFS also takes pains to write to the disk intelligently leading to better
recoverability and less fragmentation.

Mike Hancock

--
michaelh@cet.co.jp                                http://www.cet.co.jp
CET Inc., Daiichi Kasuya BLDG 8F 2-5-12, Higashi Shinbashi, Minato-ku,