Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:35:31 -0500
From:      "Chris Bongquist" <billybongquist@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with sound.

Hello, This is my first post to a list and i was wondering if anybody could
help. I have loaded snd_solo.ko and i get this input from /dev/sndstat:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <ESS Solo-1E> at io 0x1800,0x1840,0x1850 irq 11 kld snd_solo (mixer
only)

and this output from "mixer":

Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer synth    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Recording source: mic

i don't have a pcspeaker  and i do hear a beep through my speakers when i
backspace at the prompt. But when trying to listen to mp3s or watch movies
i've copied onto my computer i don't get any sound. I've asked in help
channels, and searched google but have not gotten any answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.