Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:46:37 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: conflicting info on OpenSSH

on Jul 28 22:37, i got this from User...
> 	Here is where the man page defers from the config file.
>
> ForwardX11
>              Specifies whether X11 connections will be automatically redi-
>              rected over the secure channel and DISPLAY set.  The argument
>              must be ``yes'' or ``no''.  The default is ``no''.
>
> 	Here is the defualt
>
> # Site-wide defaults for various options
> # Host *
> #   ForwardAgent yes
> #   ForwardX11 yes
>
> 	I hope it doesn't seem like I'm splitting hairs.  I just want to know
> the most secure way to run X programs remotely.

a case of implicit option...

the option has been commented out. thus ForwardX11 option is not set.
thus default is not to forward X11 connection ... given the program
does what its documentation says, of course.

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?
	 - parv