Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 00:41:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      VPM Support Staff <staff@vpm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't access HTTPD from outside network

Hi,

My system rebooted this evening.  After it came back up no one outside
my local network could access the system.  They still can't and I have
done everything  I know of to locate the problem and am going nuts
trying to figure what the problem.

I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE with the following:

  inetd -l -wW -R 1024
  ipfw - (with custom rules)
  syslog -s
  net.inet.tcp.log_in_vain=1

The system rebooted at about 6:30PM and the last log in any of the system
logs like syslog and messages were last written to around 8:00PM even
though I've rebooted several times nothing in messages or dmesg.today

Any ideas what might be preventing these services from being seen on the
net?

Thanks,
Mark