Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 96 00:20:42 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        se@zpr.uni-koeln.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic during boot

 > On Apr 14, 19:22, Jean-Marc Zucconi wrote:
 > } Subject: Panic during boot
 > } With a kernel from yesterdays's sources:
 > }
 > } Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
 > } fault virtual address = 0xeffffffc
 > } fault code            = supervisor read, page not present
 > } instruction pointer   = 0x8:0xf0188f3e
 > }                         This is in ncr.c:
 > }                         f0188ef8 t _ncr_scatter
 > }                         f01890a4 t _ncr_regtest
 > } current process       = 0
 > } interrupt mask        = bio

 > The ncr_scatter code works mostly on local variables,
 > besides the scatter/gather list that is part of the
 > command control block.

 > Could this be a VM problem, i.e. a non-resident page
 > being referenced in the vtophys() macro ?

I have identified my problem: using the -n flag with config is not a
good idea :-/
After recompiling a kernel from scratch, my system runs fine. Sorry
for the false alarm.

Jean-Marc

 > Regards, STefan
 > --
 >  Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 >  Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160
 >  http://www.zpr.uni-koeln.de/~se			  <se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE>
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr