Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 12:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark J. Taylor" <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
Subject:   RE: Decent network cards for 100Mbit?

The Tulip-based cards are flatulent sacks of pus as well.
There are multicast problem with them.  I'm sure Bill Paul can give us a
few words about these cards...

Ever try to do multicast under Windows/NT with a Tulip-based card?  It does
not work, even with the latest NT and DEC drivers.

We use the Intel EEPro 10/100 here, but we don't really use them in 100MB
mode very often.  DG wrote the driver, and he is one of the "special people"
that I can trust to write a good driver.  ;)
(doesn't wcarchive have a EEPro 10/100?)

---
Mark J. Taylor                                   Networking Research
Cybernet Systems                                mtaylor@cybernet.com
727 Airport Blvd.                               PHONE (734) 668-2567
Ann Arbor, MI  48108                            FAX   (734) 668-8780
http://www.cybernet.com/                      http://www.netmax.com/