Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:26:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: syslog-ng's category (see PR 18187)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Will Andrews wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm ready to import syslog-ng as per PR 18187, with minor changes. However,
> I'm torn between importing it into security and sysutils.
>
> Can anyone offer a recommendation?

Noting that both are reasonable answers, I would say that since it's only
a user of security, and doesn't either provide security to other services
or audits (only use security in providing it's own service) I would stick
it into sysutils.

rsaref is an example that provides security, and whisker is something that
provides security auditing ... both of which seem to me to be legitimately
in security.  Something that is a user of security, well ...

On top of which, I *think*, if I were looking for alternative syslog
tools, I'd probably look into sysutils first, wouldn't you?

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.