Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:25:09 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: nvidia  tv-out

On 2002-Nov-25 09:37:17 -0500, Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org> wrote:
>I got TV-out working on my GeForce 4 using the following config:
>
>Option "TwinView"
>Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync"  "30-50"
>Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
>
>Option "TwinViewOrientation"  "Clone"
>
>in Section "Screen"

The horizontal sync value looks dodgy.  A standard NTSC TV set
uses 60Hz vertical and 15.750kHz horizontal with 2:1 interlace
(50Hz and 15.625KHz for PAL).  Trying to run an ordinary TV
at 30-50kHz horizontal stands a high risk of destroying the
horizontal output transformer and associated components.

Peter