Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2009 21:10:51 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Eitan Adler <eitanadlerlist@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bringing ee up to date

Quoting Eitan Adler <eitanadlerlist@gmail.com> (from Fri, 09 Jan 2009 =20
16:03:49 -0500):

> I think that these three files bring ee up to date from 1.4.2 to 1.4.6.

Sorry, but the patch as is is wrong fore sure. I've seen "lp" instead =20
of "lpr", and even at least one wrong path. For other paths I would =20
have to check to say something definitive. A little bit more work is =20
needed to get an update of this into FreeBSD. How did you proceeded to =20
have a look at the update?

Here's how I would do it:
  1) diff the version we have with the same version of the vendor
    + in case of a difference the functionaility needs to be
      forward ported
  2) diff the vendor src of the version of what we have with the
     next version after it
  3) add the differences to our version taking 1) into account
     and taking care if some path which may be in the new version
     is OK for us
  3.5) if in doubt, ask here, together with a description of what is
        changed / improved / new
  4) repeat from 2) until the most recent version is reached

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
LEVERAGE:
=09Even if someone doesn't care what the world thinks
=09about them, they always hope their mother doesn't find out.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137