Date:       7 Jun 99 16:36:28 MET DST
From:      Oliver Bankel <oliver.bankel@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   My kernel won't boot. Problem with npx0. Any Ideas?

Hi,

I am relativly new to FreeBSD and UNIX.
Now I have written my own kernel.
Also I am sure I have compiled it correctly.
But I have a Problem.
After He loads the npx0 I get this error
message : ( It's absolutly so how its posted here)

=2E
=2E
=2E
npx0 on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface

Fatal trap 12: page fault while in Kernel mode
fault virtual address	=3D 0x58
fault code 		=3D supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer 	=3D 0x8:0xc01a164t
stack pointer 		=3D 0x10:0xc0289f84
frame pointer		=3D 0x10:0xc0289f88
code segment		=3D base 0x0, limit 0xfffff
			=3D DPL 0, pres 1; def 32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		=3Dinterupt enabled, resume  IOPL=3D0
current process 		=3D 0 ( )
interrupt mask 		=3D
trap number		=3D 12
panic: page fault

Then the message for rebooting comes up.
I have no idea whats wrong in my kernel config file.
I have an Cyrix 6x86 and both the 486 and 586 cpu classes loaded.
And I have 64 MB RAM.
Here are the files in my kernel config which could be important.

=2E
=2E
=2E
#	$Id: GENERIC,v 1.143.2.12 1999/05/14 15:12:26 jkh Exp $

machine	"i386"
cpu		"I486_CPU"
cpu		"I586_CPU"
ident 		"UNIX1_Modified_Kernel_1.0"
maxusers	10

options		GPL_MATH_EMULATE	#Support for x87 emulation

=2E
=2E
=2E

controller		isa0
controller		pnp0
controller		eisa0
controller		pci0

=2E
=2E
=2E

device		npx0	at isa? port IO_NPX iosiz 0x0 flags 0x0 irq 13

=2E
=2E
=2E

options		SYSVSHM
options		SYSVMSG
options		SYSVSEM

I swear I have probed all ideas that came to me but nothing works.
Can anyone help me to solve that prob, please ???

thanx

greetings,
Oliver Bankel alias Grand.Moobiey alias G_Moobiey
Oliver.Bankel@usa.net