Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:01:37 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another bright idea..

This sounds like the more general (and often discussed) problem of
trying to organize loose "projects" for people approaching to project
with a desire to help out but no clear objectives of their own to push
(which is usually how most of the really serious development occurs).
In such a project farm, you'd have your "Grand Projects" for the truly
ambitious or well-staffed ("we're the entire senior CS class of
Singapore University and we're looking for a final project"), "Middle
projects" that someone could take on solo and still be challenged by
it, and "Grunt work" projects like changing all the bogus EOF's to
-1. :)

I've already asked our contract webmistress if she has any interest in
putting something CGI-ish together for doing this via the web server,
but I haven't heard back from her yet.  She may be on vacation or
something.

					Jordan