Date:      Sat, 03 Jun 2000 00:11:24 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFCE Window Manager

chip wrote:

> I just recently changed from using KDE to using XFCE and find it
> quite nice, certainly much faster than the graphics heavy KDE. And it
> will run the few KDE apps that I use without a problem. I am wondering
> about others impressions and experience with XFCE?

	I used KDE for a long time, but got tired of it crashing all the damn
time. I've been using xfce for about 6 months, and in that time it's
_never_ crashed, on either of my workstations. I agree with your
assessment, it's mean and clean, and I like the desktop icons better
than windows 95 style bar in kde.

HTH,

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire