Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:59:50 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   if_bridge and .1q VLANs

Hi there,

it appears if_bridge bridges tagged frames alongside non-tagged
frames.  Is there a way to either stop if_bridge from doing so, or
otherwise filtering out the tagged frames?

My trunk currently has one untagged network and two tagged VLANs on it
(the untagged one being the main LAN), and I'm bridging the LAN to
another site via OpenVPN.  But I'd rather not bridge the other two
VLANs, if at all possible.

I can switch the untagged VLAN to tagged on the switch, if that turns
out to be the easiest option, and bridge between tap and another vlan
interface.

Thanks,
Stefan

--