Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:32:39 -0500
From:      "Lisa Casey" <lisa@jellico.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail virtual domain hosting

Hi,

I hope this is an appropriate list in which to ask this question.

We are hosting a virtual domain on our servers. I have Sendmail configured
correctly to receive mail for this domain and deliver it appropriately using
the virtusertable files and sendmail.cw

Our domain name is jellico.net. The name of the domain we are hosting is
hardwickclothes.com.

The problem is that when someone from hardwickclothes.com (say johndoe)
sends mail through our server the mail is sent se from: johndoe@jellico.net
instead of being from: johndoe@hardwickclothes.com

I have read through the FAQ on masquerading and I believe that I need to add
support for a generics table to my sendmail.cf file. The FAQ talks about
doing this using the mc file. Unfortunately I have never understood how to
configure Sendmail via the mc file, I have been configuring it by editing
sendmail.cf directly.

I guess what I need to know is:

1) Is the generics table going to allow me to send hardwickclothes.com
E-mail as being from: user@hardwickclothes.com instead of from:
user@jellico.net?

2) What is the syntax of the line(s) I need to add to sendmail.cf to allow
support for the generics table?

Thanks,

Lisa Casey, Webmaster
Interstate 2000, Inc.