Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:19:37 -0600
From:      Aaron Dalton <aaron@daltons.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   English ports with non-english dependencies

I am relatively new to cvsup'ing port trees and rebuilding indexes.  Why is it
that there are non-localized ports (ports not in a specific language tree)
with localized dependencies?  Eg. tkscanfax is in the net tree but depends on
a Japanese port?  I removed localized ports from my machine to save diskspace
and Portsdb doesn't work with these kinds of dependencies.  For this reason I
have moved to Portindex which works great.  However, my curiousity is still
piqued.  Why would a non-localized port depend on a localized one?

Thanks for your time!
--
Aaron Dalton
http://aaron.daltons.ca