Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:56:29 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Putty - SSH access

--GpGaEY17fSl8rd50

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 09:40:31AM -0500, Grant Peel wrote:

> I have a precious few clients that would like Secure Shell access=20
> reportedly to admin a number of text files and run a few command line app=
s.
>=20
> Is it possible to grant shell access and jail users to thier home dir=20
> without going to all the hastle of building a real FreeBSD jail?

There's a patch for OpenSSH-3.5p1 at:

    http://majikal.dyn.dhs.org/projekts/openssh_chroot_patch/

It appears that this patch was going to be a big sourceforge project,

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/chrootssh/

but according to their CVS the files were all initially checked in two
years ago, and bugger all has happened since.  Use at your own risk.
Batteries not included.  Some assembly required.

Google for 'openssh chroot patch' for more info.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way