Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:45:55 -0500
From:      Howard Goldstein <hgoldste@bbs.mpcs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mchan@metrolinx.com
Subject:   Re: Help on getty

mchan@metroloinx.com wrote:
 : yes.. I am using RocketPorts. thanks for any suggestion.
 : Also, I tried with mgetty, which hang with messages
 : "waiting for line to clear (VTIME), read:"
 : Do you have any ideal ?

This just bit me last week with the rocketport.  The problem is
documented in the mgetty README (or it may have been the INSTALL)
file.

The fix requires an mgetty rebuild/reinstall defining I think it was
BROKEN_VTIME (the correct symbol to def is stated in the README)

Once rebuilt mgetty works quite well with the rp driver.