Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:24:51 +1100
From:      Richard Fahey <ricko@tinet.ie>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   jdk and appletviewer

To whom it may concern,
I would be most greatful if anyone could help me find a quick and simple
solution to the problem below

I am using winedit and jdk1.1.5 at home and everything is working fine
except I cannot get applets working. I have coppied working applets but
they do not execute on my computer at home.  They seem to work in the
netscape browser but not in an appletviewer.
Whenever I try to execute an applet or run the appletviewer on a class
file, I get the following error Invalid: JAVA_HOME: c:\cafe\JAVA and
nothing executes. I think that maybe I installed come kind of cafe program
once but then uninstalled it again. Do you know is there anyway around this
or can I modify some files inorder to make it work?

I have modified my autoexec.bat file to the paths in jdk so that is not the
problem.

Is there any files I can copy on to override this or any files I can delete
and put other files in ther place.
I downloaded the whole jdk1.1.5 from the sun site without any hitches so I
don't know what is wrong maybe its my winedit editor or something else?
I really don't have a clue.

Any ideas??

thanks a lot

Richie Fahey                                 mailto:ricko@tinet.ie