Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:21:28 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Christopher Shumway <cshumway@cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make buildworld blowing up

> Anyone have any ideas whats going on here?

Yep.  ;-)

> yacc: e - line 30 of "c-parse.y", syntax error
> %expect 51
> ^
> *** Error code 1

The problem is rev 1.92 of src/Makefile.inc1.  With that change, the
tools needed to build GCC aren't made first.  I added a few Bison-like
features to Byacc that GCC depended on.  The non-tradional "%expect" is
one of them.

If you manually build and install src/usr.bin/yacc/, a `make world'
should then work.  Acutally, you should also do the same for
src/gnu/usr.bin/bison/ as I think you'll hit another problem later in the
build.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)