Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:57:14 +0400
From:      "Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vcd

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:37:00 +0200, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> >     ccb[0] = ATAPI_READ_CD;
> > !   ccb[9] = 0x10;

> >     ccb[0] = ATAPI_READ_CD;
> > !   ccb[9] = 0xf8;
>
> Ugh! I have this in there too now that I checked, triggered by
> blocksize = 2352...

I'm not sure why it didn't worked for me with your original 0x10 and
per-track devices (with track limit fixes from -current and per-track
devices created manually (MFC?)).

Does I get it right that your plan is to use per-track devices for
user-data reads (0x10) and that raw reads are to be done via the main
device by setting block size of 2352 and seeking to track boundaries
manually?  What about raw per-track devices that always read raw 2352
sectors with 0xf8 - for dd(1)?  Or is it feasible to provide a raw
access to READ-CD command via ioctl(2) so that people could use
whatever flags they need?

PS: I'm actually pretty ignorant about this whole ATAPI CD stuff.  I
inferred 0xf8 from FreeBSD patches and Linux driver first and only
later found the spec that made sense of those values.

SY, Uwe