Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:36:38 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: C/C++ Development Environment for FreeBSD

** Reply to note from "Samuel Chow" <cyschow@shaw.ca> Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:11:42 -0700

>> can anyone recommend me a nice and versatile
>> development environment for c/c++
>> (and/or other languages) ?

>    How about emacs, make, gcc, and g++?  Works
>    fine for me.  8-)

BTW, that's just what I'm using (and I'm very happy with it).
Only, gdb seems to work bad on FreeBSD: using C++ everytime I try and see the value of an automatic variable, a wrong
one is shown. Is this a known problem? Am I missing somethign obvious? I cannot believe we don't have a working debugger
(how did they build the whole OS, otherwise?)

 bye
	av.