Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:34:37 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Alex Burke <alexjeffburke@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cross compiling

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:28:33PM +0000, Alex Burke wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I was just wondering whether it is posibl to build say a 4.11 kernel
> on a 5.3 system - I'd like to have only one machine here on which I
> maintain all the sources and buidl what i need, then I think you can
> mount the /usr/obj file system and /usr/src and run the install stages
> on other systems.

This will usually work (you need to make buildworld first before you
make buildkernel), but sometimes it's not possible to build old-branch
sources on a new branch (e.g. 4.x on 5.3).

> Also, can I build kernels for different architectures on a normal i386 bo=
x?

make buildworld TARGET_ARCH=3Dwhatever; make buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=3Dwhat=
ever.

Kris

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c

--sm4nu43k4a2Rpi4c--