Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 21:11:58 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 crash during "monthly" maintenance batch

Why would this suddenly start affecting us when we moved from 2.2.2 to 2.2.7?
That part of the "ed" driver has not changed much.

Also, doubt that this would cause the whole system to reboot spontaneously
after nearly a day of working fine (and passing heavy Internet traffic).

Now, using the extended memory range of the Artisoft card (by plugging in bigger
static RAM chips) WOULD break the driver. I will eventually figure out what it's
doing and send in a patch.

--Brett