Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 00:30:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A web-based FreeBSD configuration tool.

> Getting a web server up and running to deal with the installation is an
> entirely different matter, though.

Check out thttpd at www.acme.com/software/thttpd.  Its "simple, small,
portable, fast, and secure".  The small part is interesting.  Not small
enough to fit on the boot floppy, but much smaller than anything else I've
seen.  For some comparisons:

http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/notes.html#sizes

And once it's compiled, it is pretty darn small:

spork@oozing [~]$ ls -al /usr/local/sbin/thttpd
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  53434 Feb 13 01:10 /usr/local/sbin/thttpd

At the very least it is a cool little simple webserver for a home
workstation where you just want something simple.  The bandwidth
throttling is nice too...  BTW, despite the name, everything at acme.com
is free.

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB