From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        nimrodm@email.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: which ostype for sendmail?

Well, the problem is that I followed the instructions in "The Complete FreeBSD" and
changed the DM to be my domain: maineville.net.  When I tried sending mail to a
valid user at the domain I got this error back:

This is a collection of reports about email delivery
process concerning a message you originated:

<smtp maineville.net ehc@maineville.net 99>: ...\
        <<- RCPT To:<ehc@maineville.net> ORCPT=rfc822;ehc@maineville.net
        ->> 550 <ehc@maineville.net>... Relaying denied

I know that I hve sendmail configured incorrectly.  I was looking for, and found
the freebsd.mc.  But I am going through the O'Reilly Sendmail book and they start
off with a basic null.mc...

I would like to simply get sendmail working and not spend a lot of time reading
through the sendmail book.  Do you have any clue as to what exactly I need to do to
fix my sendmail.cf?

Sam