Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:53:47 -0500
From:      David Schultz <das@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ted Unangst <tedu@coverity.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some bugs in the kernel

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005, Ted Unangst wrote:
> These bugs were found using the Coverity Prevent static analysis tool.
[...]

Thanks for reporting these!  It's great that your tools have been
finding all these obscure bugs before users do.  All of these
should be fixed now, except for the if_ti bug, which I've
forwarded to wpaul@.

pjd         2005-03-16 20:48:13 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/geom             geom_bsd.c
  Log:
  Plug memory leak.

  Submitted by:   Ted Unangst
  Found by:       Coverity Prevent analysis tool
  Approved by:    phk
  MFC after:      3 days

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.73      +1 -2      src/sys/geom/geom_bsd.c

das         2005-03-18 05:43:34 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/hptmv        gui_lib.c
  Log:
  Don't read past the end of pVDevice[].  (Previously, we would iterate
  twice as many times as there were entries in the array.)

  Spotted by:     Ted Unangst using the Coverity Prevent static analysis tool
  Reviewed by:    scottl

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.4       +1 -1      src/sys/dev/hptmv/gui_lib.c

das         2005-03-18 05:43:31 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/hptmv        entry.c
  Log:
  Don't write past the end of the VendorId field (and into the ProductId
  field).

  Spotted by:     Ted Unangst using the Coverity Prevent static analysis tool
  Reviewed by:    scottl

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.7       +1 -1      src/sys/dev/hptmv/entry.c

imp         2005-03-15 22:53:31 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/pci          pci.c
  Log:
  If bus_generic_susped returns an error, devlist is not freed.  Free
    it.

  Submitted by: Ted Unangst (using the Coverity Prevent analysis tool)

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.281     +3 -1      src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c

das         2005-03-18 05:43:37 UTC

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/mlx          mlx_pci.c
  Log:
  If mlx_attach() returns an error, don't free sc again.

  Spotted by:     Ted Unangst using the Coverity Prevent static analysis tool
  Reviewed by:    scottl

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.21      +1 -3      src/sys/dev/mlx/mlx_pci.c