Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:43:42 +1030
From:      Giulio Harding <giulio@cs.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding extra PCI IDE controller cards...

Giulio Harding wrote:

> I've searched the net and a whole bunch of mailing lists, but have yet
> to find any information that could help me here: I'm trying to get an
> additional PCI IDE controller detected, so I can use the 4 IDE disks
> attached to it.
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.1.1 (x86), the machine already has an onboard
> PIIX3 IDE controller, with one disk attached to the primary channel, and
> the extra PCI IDE card is a no-name brand, using the CMD-648 controller
> chip. My kernel configuration has all the appropriate 'ata' entries (no
> changes from the GENERIC config as far as ata stuff is concerned).

<snip>

My bad! I've just worked out was was wrong - CMD-648 support was only
added *AFTER* release 4.1.1 - I didn't pay attention to all the release
number and notes, and didn't pick this up!

So, please disregard this post :)

I'm doing a make world with the latest release, so that should fix the problem...

Cheers,

 Giulio Harding                               giulio@cs.adelaide.edu.au
 Systems Administrator                            Phone: +618 8303 6182
 Department of Computer Science                     Fax: +618 8303 4366
 University of Adelaide, South Australia

 "In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people
  very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams