Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:07:49 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "Carroll, D. (Danny)" <Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Silly crackers... NT is for kids...

OK, let's not go through this yet one more time.. alright?

For most cases, anything less than SSH is asking for trouble.
There *are* some cases, though, when telnet is acceptable
(properly protected LAN's), and there are even some cases when telnet
is the only really acceptable way - and yes, I've heard about all kinds
of SSH clients, including Java ones, web-based ones, etc.. but still,
there are cases when one simply has to use telnet, period.

G'luck,
Peter

--
You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading.