Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2013 11:40:01 GMT
From:      Markus Gebert <markus.gebert@hostpoint.ch>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/179932: [ciss] ciss i/o stall problem with HP Bl Gen8 (and HP Bl Gen7 + Storage Blade)

The following reply was made to PR kern/179932; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Markus Gebert <markus.gebert@hostpoint.ch>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 =?iso-8859-1?Q?Philipp_M=E4chler?= <philipp.maechler@hostpoint.ch>,
 "sean_bruno@yahoo.com" <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:23:25 +0200

 I already replied to Sean last friday but the copy has not made its way =
 into the PR system, probably due to the size of the alltrace attachment. =
 So here's a dropbox link:

 =
 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10669369/alltrace%20G8%20PERF%209.1cis=
 s.txt

 And the email I sent:

 ----
 Hi again

 One of the G8 blades we had booted back into PERF mode yesterday stalled =
 last night. This one was _not_ patched with the ciss changes from head, =
 so it was the plain 9.1 driver running in default PERF mode. This means =
 that as soon as we restore the original default configuration, the =
 stalls come back quite quickly. Of course we still don't know wether it =
 is the patch, SIMPLE mode or the combination of both that seems to help =
 the other systems. Hopefully we'll know that soon.

 Anyway, we got an alltrace from the server that stalled. Unfortunately =
 no ciss debug outpout since it was not patched.

 Markus
 ----