Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:55:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Large Client-Server app

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:24:23PM -0700, Erick Smith wrote:
> > I have a large Java project that is a Client-Server app that works through the
> > internet using sockets and web browsers.
> >
> > I have been using the linux java provided by the linux-sun java port to
> > operate this project.
> >
> > I recently built the freebsd native java 1.4.1p3 and have discoverred that the
> > freebsd native version  of java introduces many errors and problems causing
> > the project to fail at multiple points.
> >
> > Would it be worthwhile for me to try to list what fails and give you some kind
> > of bug report, or are the bugs in freebsd-java already known?
>
> Sure.  Please collect this list and send it to me.

Actually, this might be good to try with our other 2 thread libraries
too.  If you can try it under -current and use /etc/libmap.conf to
run it with libkse and libthr and see how it fails there, it might
also prove useful to us threads guys :-)  Hmm, unless you're using
green threads instead of native threads...

--
Dan Eischen