Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:24:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        Aaron.Siegel@attbi.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Database Entry D-Link DFE-670TXD

In message: <3CC9F5DD.1080609@attbi.com>
            Aaron J Siegel <Aaron.Siegel@attbi.com> writes:
: Hello
:     I just purchased a new very cheap 16 bit PCMCIA card, D-Link
: DFE-670TXD. Here is the entry in my pccard.conf
:
: #D-Link DFE-670TXD
: card "D-Link" "DFE-670TXD"
:         config auto "ed" ?
:          insert /etc/pccard_ether $device start
:          insert /etc/pccard_ether $device stop
:
: It works, no problems (yet).
:
: I am finding one of the big disadvantages with FreeBSD is find
: information on support hardware.  It would be nice to have a site, part
: of the FreeBSD site, which listed supported hardware.

I've often thought that for pccard this is very much needed.

: I am thinking it
: can start simple, in the mailing list. When someone gets a new device to
: work, which is not listed they post a message with a subject "NewDev:
: <the device name>". It can get adopt a form similar to the problem
: reports. All some has to do to find information on hared is do a search
: of the achieves.

Maybe that would work, maybe not.  Why don't you setup something like
that, and then get people to use it.  It would certainly help!  It
couldn't hurt :-).

Warner