Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:51:41 -0400
From:      "S. Kyle Korndoerfer" <Solitude@mail.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cron

Ok, I'm running FreeBSD3.1-RELEASE #2

I added a line to /etc/crontab in the proper format as described by the
man pages that would restart Apache every night at 1:30am. Now I get a
mail message from cron every time one of the events listed in
/etc/crontab attempts to run that reads:

root: not found

I had made a copy of the original /etc/crontab file before I made any
modifications (like a good sys admin) and copied it back over the one I
had modified. For all intense purposes, it should be back to normal, yet
I still keep receiving these messages. I even rebooted the machine, but
to no avail.

What can I do to get cron back to it's original state?

Please respond to this message through e-mail
(kyle_korndoerfer@urmc.rochester.edu) as I don't have access to news
groups here work where the machine in question is located here.

Thanks to anyone who can offer help.

----
Kyle Korndoerfer
Analyst Programmer