Date:      Tue, 19 May 2009 15:05:47 -0700
From:      "David P. Discher" <dpd@dpdtech.com>
To:        gerald@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: gcc-4.3.4_20090517 - different LOCALBASE

So ... I'm trying to do complete source builds of gnome2, kde4, and
xorg, with a redefined LOCALBASE = /home/opt

 > grep opt /etc/make.conf

X11BASE=/home/opt
LOCALBASE=/home/opt
LINUXBASE=/home/opt/compat/linux
PREFIX=/home/opt

However, need the end, the lang/gcc43 build fails, with missing
iconv.h.  I've saw in the check in logs, back a few years that
configure for gcc had some issues finding iconv.h when it was in a
difference LOCALBASE.  So adding the following to the lang/gcc43/
Makefile fixed the issue:

	CFLAGS+=        -I${LOCALBASE}/include -L${LOCALBASE}/lib
	CPPFLAGS+=      -I${LOCALBASE}/include -L${LOCALBASE}/lib
	CXXFLAGS+=      -I${LOCALBASE}/include -L${LOCALBASE}/lib

Probably over kill, but was getting feed up on the build failing.

This isn't likely the correct fix, but wondering what the correct fix
is, and if the port can be fixed ?

Thanks !

David P. Discher  * <http://davidpdischer.com/>;     * C: 408.368.3725
<dpd@dpdtech.com> *  AIM: DavidDPD | Y!M: daviddpdz * H: 408.541.0159