Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:13:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP/HTTP caching proxy for use with fetch and ports?

One problem I just realized with any caching proxy system is that it will
treat the following as two separate files:

http://somehost.com/specific-file.tgz
http://some-other-host.com/specific-file.tgz

even though I'd like it to treat them the same.  This would come into play
when certain servers are unreachable sometimes and not others (seems to
happen with sourceforge to me a lot).

Looks like NFS is probabably the easiest...

thanks all!