Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:45:54 +0400
From:      Eir Nym <eirnym@gmail.com>
To:        Baginski Darren <kickbsd@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple gateways support

On 1 April 2011 21:27, Baginski Darren <kickbsd@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could please someone tell me about current state of multiple gw capabilities of FreeBSD?
> I have dual homed FreeBSD box, one interface ISP1 another ISP2 :
> 1) can I balance outgoing traffic across them ?
> 2) Is there support of any kind dead gateway detection?
> 3) Can I install multiple routes to the same network (with same and with different wight)? If yes how it behaves with one link failure, in particular if interface is down?
>
> Thank you!

about multiply GWs: you can set multiply gw via setfib(1) utility and
use fib in your firewall rules. But it is not very handy with DHCP and
rc(8) (setfib is located in /usr/bin and can't be used in /etc/rc.d).
Due to this I have to add another FreeBSD box to handle dynamic
routes.

This is the one thing I know which can I do in linux easily and in
freebsd with hacks.