Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:20:27 +0000 ()
From:      Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        Dale Benzer <ipc1@tribeca.ios.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp server & FreeBSD

On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Dale Benzer wrote:

> Need you all again (This *WILL* stop soon, I promise)
>
> Is there any documentation out there concerning setting up a ppp server
> on FreeBSD 2.1? Nothing in the Handbook.
>
> And in general -- where is the best source of FreeBSD questions archive?
>
> Thanks,
>
> You pain in the newbie friend...

OK Dale, let's go.

I use the pppd for server (i run an ISP in Brazil) with 16 ppp in each
machine. (486 DX66/170M(hd)/16MB memory/NE2000/dumb serial board)

1) enable pppd in the kernel by configure it with the number of ppp
connections to be made for the machine.

2) create /etc/ppp/options:
	modem
	crtscts
	mtu 296
3) each time a user logs in, its shell enters a command like:
	/usr/sbin/pppd passive :200.250.250.75
the system starts up pppd and give the user the control protocol.
of course, I have made a logic using awk that find the name of the
terminal the user logs in and results it's IP.

That is the way I used to do things in Brazil...

 Sergio de Almeida Lenzi.